Saturday, 11 March 2017

Digipak progress 5

One tutorial for double exposure I found was really useful in teaching me how to create the effect, and because I thought the end result was quite successful I'm probably going to end up using the image I made as the front cover of my digipak.

This is the tutorial I used for the double exposure effect, but I tweaked some of the steps to more suit the end result to my needs (being more colourful and not having some of the settings that appear in the tutorial probably because of a different version of Photoshop I was using).



This tutorial also introduced me to some techniques and features that I used for other images I edited such as the refine edge tool. This meant that when I had to remove the background from an image using the quick selection tool it wasn't so messy and the detail of things such as hair and fabric remained.

Before refining the edge                                                                      After refining the edge

I also experimented with the opacity settings as unfortunately I couldn't find a useful tutorial on how to blend images together and so just faded them into the background instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment