Filming diary for 18/7/16
I booked out a DSLR camera to use over the summer holidays to film, as a lot of the scenes in my video are set in summer and require a sunny a bright look, and I couldn't do this if I film in winter when the rest of the shooting will take place. This also allowed me to take my time with filming and plan days out to locations such as Brighton and London. If something went wrong, I could reschedule or return to the places where I filmed.
Filming diary for 20/8/16
I've filmed the scenes in the park and Brighton and it went well even though I didn't have specific shots in mind. This might ultimately make editing harder but I had to do this because I filmed way ahead of schedule and therefore didn't have time to storyboard or properly plan what shots I was going to use. To try and combat this I took several different types of shot for each action, for example if one of the actors walks along the street I took a long shot and a close up so that in post production I can choose which one I like best. A good majority of my video takes place in these locations and so its good to get that out the way and focus on the other parts of my project such as the research.
Filming diary for 8/10/16
We filmed the London scenes today. We went in the evening so that there was a different perspective of the city than the classic daytime scenery, and the coloured lights like the blue spotlights on the buildings and the red on the London Eye would work really well with the lights of the arcade from Brighton. It wasn't too difficult to film there despite what I thought as there was quite a lot of light despite it being in the evening and it wasn't too crowded.
No comments:
Post a Comment